Gyms. Incredible places for sweating it out and improving your health, but as we look further into it, they're not the most eco-friendly of all set ups. Here are some suggestions for a more sustainable workout!
- Speed shower. How fast can you go? It’s easy to forget that fresh, clean water is a limited natural resource. Can you keep showers to 7 minutes or less? Turn it into a challenge to see how quickly you can get in and out. Great for saving water and also for everyone waiting to get clean as well.
- Keep to one towel. Dry cleaning is a necessity with towels to avoid the spread of bacteria, but it eases the pressure to have less of it to do.
- Insist on your gym having more eco-friendly practices. We love 1Rebel’s commitment to plastic free studios.
- Bring your own bag to bag up your stinky post-workout gear, instead of the plastic stinky kit bags on offer. We love the idea of getting a delicates wash bag for your dirty gym kit so you can throw the whole thing straight into the machine when you get home.
- Use a reusable cup for that post-workout shake. We love all the in-gym cafes for all the delicious protein laden food they deliver, but is there a second use for that Keep Cup that you have in your cupboard - not just for coffee!
What do you think? Do you have any more tips and tricks you could share?